If you are seeking highly rewarding work in social services, Regina Transition House may be the place for you! We have a variety of positions requiring diverse qualifications. We also have several of employment options from full-time, part-time and casual working hours. Our services are provided 24 hours a day 7 days a week which means depending on the position shift work will be required. Some of our positions include:
Domestic Violence Counselors
Current Employment Opportunities
Regina Transition House October 4, 2018
Employment Opportunity: Domestic Violence Counsellor Casual Position
Apply by: applications currently being accepted
Start date: November 1, 2018 or when training commences
Hours: varied shifts-Day 7am-4:28pm; Evenings-1pm-10:30pm; Nights-10:15pm-7:15am
Salary/Wage: Starting hourly rate $21.74 ($17.26/hour for training)
Regina Transition House is seeking a mature individual to fill the role of Domestic Violence Counsellor as a casual employee. We are hiring casual DVCs to cover all shifts (day, evenings nights) as well as shorter shifts (pt. days, staff meetings, some pt. evening coverage) and Family Support work. Preference will be given to applicants that are available during the week.
• There are no set hours. Partial shifts may be offered from time to time. Casual employees set their own availability.
• Employees are required to work a minimum 19 hours every 3 months.
We offer staff training, excellent benefits, and an opportunity to be part of a well-established organization working to eliminate abuse towards women and children.
The domestic violence counsellor works under the general direction of the Operations Manager and is responsible for the well-being and safety of the women and children in shelter. Domestic Violence counsellors provide direct service delivery to clients and contribute to the smooth operation of the shelter.
DVCs will work closely with all agency staff to promote client safety, empowerment, facilitate change and healing in an environment that is physically and emotionally safe. DVCs are expected to adhere to the Regina Transition House Values, Code of Ethics, and Guiding Principles.
• Maintain confidentiality and security of the shelter
• Develop and maintain positive working relationships with clients and colleagues
• Provide crisis intervention and stabilization
• Perform intake and departure interviews
• Risk assessment and safety planning
• One on one support, goal setting and case planning
• Work in conjunction with the Child Support Worker and the Family Support Worker to provide parenting support and referrals.
• Promote positive client relations and facilitate conflict resolution
• Respond to crisis calls, walk-in and other requests for service
• Build positive working relationships with relevant government services and other agencies as required or as requested by the release of information
• Provide services from a trauma informed perspective.
ADVOCACY, REFERRAL AND INFORMATION
• Provide information on interpersonal violence, safety and other topics as required
• Advocate with and assist clients in accessing needed services or information
• Maintaining up to date client files on WSIS data base and Client drive.
• Communicating with other staff about client case management.
• Participation in staff meetings
• Completing all client documentation, critical incident reports and tracking sheets as required.
• Contributes to the training of new staff and students.
• Comprehensive knowledge of dynamics of interpersonal violence, trauma informed care and services provided
by the organization.
• Knowledge of basic counselling skills, crisis intervention and conflict resolution is needed or can be acquired.
• Basic knowledge of general household and vehicle maintenance and or willingness to learn.
• Post-secondary degree in Human Service field or an equivalent combination of education and experience
• Valid Saskatchewan driver’s license
• Valid First Aid and CPR C certification
Please clearly identify your qualifications, experience, knowledge, skills, abilities and how you obtained them in a comprehensive cover letter and resume
Please address your interest in writing to Suzanne at Suzanne@reginatransitionhouse.ca